Wednesday, April 20, 2005

The Confederacy of Dunces

No shit! Yep. Shit. Only in Banff people in stores will wish you a happy 420! Talk about a city obsessed with pot! Even the hotel lobby and first floor were filled with a strong odour this morning. So, to whom it may concern, happy 420! I'm in Banff after all! (We smoked a HUGE one!).

But I actually want to whine. I'm sick of seeing English-speaking people getting upset when two French-speaking ones are talking in French to each other. It doesn't mean they talk in the Anglos back, it's just easier and it sounds less stupid than hearing our big thick accents. I completely understand that it is upsetting to not get what is being said. But it's simply natural, there is no laws against speaking another language than English. There is no inherent right to understand everything that is being said either! I don't understand everything, it's sad, I wish I did, but no...You want to understand another language? You want to understand French? Learn it.

I did the effort in English, now I understand what I just wrote!

Enough banter, today was my last day of work of the week, now I'm off for two days , I just got my paycheque and I have plans to hike Cascade mountain or Sulphur depending on the conditions...and the time I'll wake up at! Then, five days of work, another two days off and I'm going back East, in the bush! Useless to say that the last two days in Banff will be quite crazy. Fuck, time sure goes! And it feels like I've been here for so long at the same time!

Kirk, the captain of the hotel (Non-subtle Star Trek reference #74) will officially put me on leave, (or should I say, "shore leave"?...#75...it'll have to stop!) as said before, so I'll keep my hard-gained advantages and privileges and will take back the houseman job when I'll return around August. He was really nice and supportive about my decision, even if they are short-staffed, (they are kind of used to it...) a great boss.

I keep having great story ideas, for novels, movies, etc. Not stupid enough to write anything about it here, but I'm sure glad to always have my little booklet with me! A laptop is definetely on the wishlist for post-planting spendings. (The only item with a cheap car, the rest of the money will go to the bank...)

I bought a book today, guess which one? Email me your answer, I'll send a little something (a quality something...) to the first one with the right answer. Consider this my first blog contest!

What do I think about Benedict XVI? Too many sequels! After a few ones, it's all the same! Seriously, I'm disappointed by the choice made. Maybe he was elected to sastify the conservatives, knowing he probably won't be there too long and then, there will be room for a reformist Pope. But then, I was dead wrong with the conclaves lasting forever, the last 5 ones lasted less than a week! So I don't know shit anymore about the Catholic Church. What will I do?

Federal elections soon? Don't tell me I'll again be in the woods for a fun and interesting election? Have to find a way to vote somewhere.

Time to go...somewhere else!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home