Monday, April 18, 2005

___________________(write your own title)

I gave my two weeks notice this morning. Actually, the cool thing is, I won't have to quit, I'll be on unpaid leave. So if I come back in August, then I'll be able to get my security deposit back instead of losing it (If you work for them for less than 4 months, you lose your $150...stupid eh? Is it even legal?).I'll also keep my wonderful salary of $9 an hour gained after a month of seniority instead of coming back to $8, as well as the Houseman job back!!! Wow!!! Great!! Incredible!!!

But now, I'm not sure I'll come back, I have two other projects for post-planting: Earning money by working in the oilsand pits in Fort McMurray, in the north of Alberta. But forget about anything else than working there! Second plan: Travel the world and work in various jobs and countries. This approach would probably see me lose most of this summer's treeplanting money (I know I'll work my ass for it, so it kind of sucks a little)!

So, what is it? Fun or money? Short term or long term? See the World or open a Bar/Restaurant with my Friend-With-a-Viking-Sounding-Name with whom I kind of re-established partial contact...

Yesterday, I ditched my Kiwi friend Mez for the second time. She wasn't upset, she was smiling as usual and seems to trust me to be able to really go out Thursday night (I'm off so it should be okay...). But I was tired and sick yesterday, I figured out I'd take a nap before going out. The only problem is, I took my nap at 10:30PM!!! Knowing my bad habits of not waking up, mostly given the lateness of that "nap", I kept the lights on, but I still woke up at 3:30AM, lights still on but the alarm clock miraculously deactivated. I always do that: Stop my alarm clock without noticing, even when I put it at the opposite side of the room with the maximum amount of shit in between! It freaks me out, I always stress about being late or missing something...Well, I used too, it doesn't really happen here.

Two Québec girls applied today, I wonder if they'll get the job. Wendy, the boss seems to think they were mostly looking for a cheap place to stay...She is right, I talked to them, but still, they were nice and we need a little bit of oestrogen in the "back"...The staff accom looks like a sausage club right now, even the dog (shall I say hot-dog in a sausage club? Ouch, bad one!) is a male! Actually, the bosses want the dog out, his owner almost got expelled for this reason today, too many warnings! So, yeah, the girls are more than welcome, but they do look a little young...Love their style though!

One final thing, I kept giving the wrong phone number to a few friends. Here it is: 1(800)879-1991, ask for extension 786. I'm working from 9AM to 5:30PM eastern time...Don't call this Thursday and Friday, the Aussie replacing me would be confused (He always is).

Anything else? Not really. Would you take a Premium Visa Card with a 10% interest rate for the first 4 months? Yes, but only when it's blue outside!

Right...

5 Comments:

At 9:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous rants...

Hi Blogger, I am cruising the blogs looking for any information on People Helping People and landed here. Although this post is interesting and got my attention, I will add this knowledge to my storehouse of information. I never know where People Helping People will take me. Have a great day!

 
At 11:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous rants...

Hi Blogger, I am cruising the blogs looking for any information on Be Your Own Boss and landed here. Although this post is interesting and got my attention, I will add this knowledge to my storehouse of information. I never know where Be Your Own Boss will take me. Have a great day!

 
At 4:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous rants...

Hi Blogger, taking a little time today to see what Increase Cash Flow will send me to that is interesting. this post looks interesting and is a great read. Will also try Increase Cash Flow in my e-travels. Have a super day!

 
At 10:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous rants...

Hi Blogger, I am cruising the blogs looking for any information on People Helping People and landed here. Although this post is interesting and got my attention, I will add this knowledge to my storehouse of information. I never know where People Helping People will take me. Have a great day!

 
At 9:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous rants...

Hi Blogger, I am enjoying some idle time and looking to see what Relax At Home will bring up. this post is certainly interesting and informative. Relax At Home is a good word to bring into the conversation. Great post. Enjoy your day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home