Monday, July 25, 2005

Jee the star!!!

Been a while, eh? Well, I've been quite busy, which have the dual consequence of stopping me from blogging frequently, and when I finally find the time, it makes for a huge post being long to write. Talk about a vicious circle! Well, here it is!

Last week, I went to my friend Jee and we ended up smoking hash. We then decided to watch Ghostbusters, but we got stuck in the main menu for maybe 30 minutes. We finally started to watch the movie, but our attention-span was quite limited, we were focusing on minute details and our discussions were wandering quite a lot (Like talking about one of the actors being limited to "Angry, shitty dad in comedic roles". We changed our mind, after only a few minutes of Ghostbusters, and watched Back to The Future instead.

We got stuck again, this time in the parental settings of his X-Box...Jee just had to press "yes", but it was too hard to figure out for both of us and it took us three times to get through the red parental screen! We were quite fucked up!

Again, after a few minutes wondering how skateboarders now stop their skates (in comparison to Michael J. Fox's old school style in Future...), we decided it was time to play some Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. Again, still fucked, Jee ended up getting a pick up truck stuck on a concrete block in a parking. I used a street cleaner, to clean streets, while Jee was giving me the instructions to do the job well...Hmmm...

So it was a hilarious night! I'm not done with Jee the star...

Two days ago, I went to Trois-Rivières with Carolyne, my ex-ex-girlfriend, to see her university friends (great people!) and go to a beach that was more of a "human parking" than a beach, with that shitload of people being of the same kind...We watched a wonderful fight while playing frisbee in the water between a pontoon whose engine was stuck in the cord setting the boundaries of the swimming area and a woman thinking she was the beach representative. Watching two forty-something women insulting and splashing each other with water was so funny that I almost drowned in 3 feet of water!!!

Since I got the bad habit of going to sleep at 6AM since I'm back from planting, I decided, a few days before going to the beach, that not sleeping at all was the best way of getting my schedule back on track! Since I just bought an IPod, I decided I'd use the time to upload my tunes and download a few (Yes, I downloaded for free, don't piss me off, I mostly downloaded the CD's I lost or destroyed, some of those, like Reel Big Fish, I bought three times at full price, including a CD I bought that was CENSORED!!! I mean, come on, Reel Big Fish censored!!!).

But being stupid, the next day, I went to sleep at 5AM again! I finally was able to see my friend Marie-Ève, with whom I was quite close in Banff. We went for a beer and had a great time in old-Terrebonne, minutes away from my high school, St-Sacrement.(There is a virtual visit on the website, here's a virtual pic of the chapel, being used by the music classes, it is classified as a Québec historical monument. And for Karine and J-S, being my last remaining friends from that school, here the new auditorium) It was great to see that place again, been a while! As for Marie-Ève, she was in great shape, she's now dating a girl and they'll move together in a few weeks! She's done with travelling for at least a year, the last part of the trip wasn't as great for her. The Okanagan Valley kind of sucked, mostly since a camper friend was found dead, hanging at the camping entrance. She also got caught with Benoît and Maxime, two other Banff buddies, while coming back to Québec to pick a car, by the Ontarian Provincial Police, with one whole gram of pot! They were handcuffed, the car was searched and they had to travel back to Cochrane a few weeks later for their trial. Maxime and Benoît, but luckily (and strangely), not Marie-Ève, had to buy the law for $1,300 to not have a criminal record...Great times, eh?

So, the day before going to the beach, I decided it was a good idea to not sleep again, even if I had to drive back and from Trois-Rivières on that day, which is a hour and a half ride, one-way. I actually felt quite tired at the end of the day at the beach, but the car ride was great.

As for my last night, yesterday, it is the reason of my title; Jee the star!!! After thinking for a while to go to bed early, i decided to call Jee to go grab a beer in a nice little pub (It has the best terrasse or patio in Montréal), the Ste-Elizabeth.

So we were supopsed to go there for a beer or two and we were enjoying our little chats, while looking around (of course). A girl then came to ask us if we would be willing to switch table with a group in order for them to be closer to their friends. We reluctantly accepted (Our table was well located) and that girl (Being originals, we called her "Yellow", because of her shirt...) started to talk with us, nothing serious, when her then-boyfriend came and grabbed her by the wrist to have an intense chat with her...They left and a few hours later, the girl came back, the boyfriend having just broke up...A few minutes after the scene between Yellow and her boyfriend, a few guys looking for a space in the packed terrasse went by us and we let them use the rest of the table. One of them said thanks maybe three or four times for the offer, which lead Jee to say: "I didn't give you an appartment building!" Funny shit. But then, the rest of their chess-player gang slowly took over our table while I was in the washrooms. When I came back, I barely had room to sit on my chair and my chair had barely enough room to sit completely on the ground. I was being intimidated by chess-players! One of them, not having enough room either, decided to go talk to girls sitting by the next table.

The great thing was that me and Jee had noticed a while before that one of those girl had noticed Jee. She was always glancing in our directions, talking to her friend, hiding her mouth and her friend was then looking at Jee...When we moved table, she changed her sitting position to face Jee. So when the chess-player playboy went to her, she did the move of the century and traded him for Jee and, by extension, me. We then moved table for the second time and had a great time with the girl looking at Jee, Annick, and her two friends, Stéphanie and Chris. Well, Jee had an even better time than me! A little later, I noticed that the group sitting beside me were treeplanters, so I moved to that table (third move!) and talked treeplanting for a good hour (While Jee was busy making out with Annick...). Those people were planting for Outland's sister company in Québec, La Forêt de Demain, and they had to go back out north because their season was not done, and was always interrupted by the multiple forrest fire alerts in Northern Québec this year. They apparently made almost no money this year (a girl said she was in the negative,due to the camp-costs and cash advances) and were quite dissapointed and were hoping to join me out west next year. I got one of the girl's email, she was quite nice. I then went back to Annick and Jee sitting on the same chair and to Stéphanie and Chris. Continued to talk and laugh for another hour until we were kicked out of the bar at 3AM. Me and Jee were originally planning to be in bed at midnight at most...Jee gave his phone number to Annick and she actually called back at 4AM, singing on his voicemail. Talk about being charmed! So, Jee is a star! And I got another hilarious night

This was an incredibly short, despite not being short at all, version of the events of the last days. A great few days!

Finishing on a not-so great note, Amy, the ex, wrote me an email today, to tell me she wouldn't be able to attend the little get-together that happened more than a week ago...She knew she was late, of course. I thought it was rude, but I don't know what to think of that situation and of her anymore... Nothing more on that.

1 Comments:

At 3:29 AM, Blogger Tupperfan rants...

I don't have a crush on Michael J. Fox as strong as yours ;op

 

Post a Comment

<< Home