Thursday, August 25, 2005

Initiations

Back in Banff, back to work, back to my room.

Still it is different, not in an negative way, but there is only three people I know from when I left still working at the Banff Voyager Inn, two of them just got hired. I got back into the social life, meeting new friends as it can only happen in Banff...An interesting thing, I got back in town at 3PM, by 5PM, I already received the visit of three friends that were in town but not working at the BVI...Banff is a big small town...

I was able to get my old room back, two days after coming back to the staff accomodation, it's leaving season here in Banff, the town is emptying from students going back to school. I'm looking forward to the new people coming in because we are understaffed right now. I'm now a housekeeper because the houseman loves his job and doesn't look like he'll give it away. It's allright, I like housekeeping now, much more tips than the old job, mostly thanks to the Japanese tourists! ??(EDIT: I wrote thanks in Japanese, but it might get out on your browser as interogation marks...Well, you got the intention didn't you????)!

As for anything else, I took stunnng pictures of the mountains through the clouds, with their newly acquired snow caps...I'll post them next time though, not enough time! I need to adjust old posts too, some treeplanting pictures are not accessible on the blog anymore, but they can be accessed trough my picture library (look in the links...)

I also got a cold, too much partying, not enough sleep (I already got a night with no sleep at all, despite promisses of the contrary...), not used to the mountains dryness, wearing a t-shirt at 1AM is already not a good idea anymore here...

That's it for me, a lot of stuff to do, gotta enjoy my day off...and I need to take a crap!

P.S: Charlotte, I have a sibling and a half, my brother Olivier, 20 years old, and my little half-sister, Andrée-Anne, 6...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home