Thursday, August 04, 2005

Looking for par'Mach in All the Wrong Places

I saw Must Love Dogs tonight. It's not a joke! But I have a good enough reason: I was high!

We ("We" being Carolyne, Viky and me, or Dali and Fidji as they are known to kids in Laval's parks...) originally wanted to see Aurore, the remake of a 50's Québec movie (No, Québec film industry didn't avoid the remake trend!), but while watching the trailers, being stoned, we started not feeling like watching a movie about child-beaters, mostly when you just saw the trailer of another Québec movie about the same basic subject. (What the fuck!?! Is it a new Québec movie category, "Child-Beating Drama?") Then we saw the trailer for Must Love Dogs and it sounded funny.

As I said, we were high! It was the dumbest idea I ever had, apart from POWDERED WATER® - Just Add Water!!!™ -

But we laughed, despite the really, but I mean really bad jokes and cheesy, but really cheesy shit! I'm not against romantic movies or "chick flicks", I'd sometimes watch those alone, but that one...Fuck!

Okay, being stoned wasn't good enough of an excuse. You can judge me.

The cool part is that I've got Viki's number. It was the highlight of the night! Now, what the fuck must I do with it? I'm leaving in less than 2 weeks and I don't want to fuck things up! I think I'll try the friends way; She is leaving for university in Sherbrooke in September, and I'm going back to Banff. It just makes sense. She might also not be quite experimented in terms of relationships and I'm not that much of an asshole! She seems really interesting though!

Time to go ponder and be judged by those who didn't get over the fact that I saw Must Love Dogs! Oh my god, I did see it!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home