Friday, August 12, 2005

Wink of an Eye

For about two weeks, thanks to the roller skates I bought from Jee, I've been back on the halfpipe. It was not hard to get the basics again, but the tricks are a little slow to come back...It's highly enjoyable though, mostly since I usually go to the Jarry skatepark at about 2-3AM, meaning I have the place for myself, nice and quiet.

Here's some pictures I took thanks to my cam's timer. It was a long and arduous job, since I had to time my backs and forths in the ramp to be in the frame. I also risked breaking my camera; I had to balance it on a thin handrail that was about 12 feet over the asphalt ground.



That was a really nice grind.



Another one, doesn't look as good, but it was actually pretty cool.



I was disappointed with that picture. I went quite high, but I saw the flash while going down.



And the artsy shot. It was actually my first try, at rail level...not showing a lot.

There's one problem with the Jarry skatepark: It is located in the same park as the Stade Uniprix (previously known as the Jarry Stadium, the first home of the now-defunct MLB's Montréal Expos back when the franchise started in 1969), currently hosting the Rogers Men Tennis Cup, a U.S. Open Series tournament. Useless to say that there is a lot of police patrols, trying to secure the place for the big names and crowds.

One night, I was smoking a bowl when a police minivan passed by. I decided to remain still, sitting on the halfpipe platform. It is quite dark so you have to really focus on the ramp to see anything so they didn't notice me. And despite passing by frequently, they don't really care about the skatepark, they mostly focus on the stadium's parking, just beside, and the numerous paths leading through the park to the Tennis areas. Of course, after the thrid patrol within half an hour, you're sick of always looking around and you leave. Last night wasn't as bad, but I'm not risking smoking pot up there anymore.

Allright, time to go think of something to do tonight.

2 Comments:

At 9:38 PM, Blogger djmaghim rants...

hi from Peru , nice blog , my name is cesar ...

take care budy

 
At 11:53 PM, Blogger Tupperfan rants...

Really? How come?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home