Thursday, October 27, 2005

Shaking Hands With Celebrities

Warning: This post is link-heavy

If you type "how do roosters impregnate hens" on MSN search, my blog comes in 10th position...By writing about that again, I'll probably climb a few notches.

Talking of climbing in search engine results unintentionally, Ron Wood, of Rolling Stones fame was seen in a few bars along the last few days. A few friends shook his hand. There was even a rumour that the Stones, staying at the Fairmont Banff Springs would play with 54-40 (They are the "support" band for the Stones concert in Calgary tomorrow, October 28th) at a local bar, the Rose and Crown. The whole thing was, of course, completely untrue, but it did bring a shitload of people to the Rose...

I want to say something about that whole "shaking hands with a star, getting their autograph, talking to them" thing. It must be a little unnerving when you are a celebrity to always be approached by strangers in any place. I understand the need to go talk to a star when you see one. After all, you might not know them, but you've seen them so many times that you might think you do, they at least are familiar to you. But for the celebrity, in this case Ron Wood, it must be weird to see all those unknowns coming to you saying stuff like, "hey, you're great man!", "wow, you're a legend", "dude, you rock" while you're trying to reach the shitters to take a crap (or in Woods' case, snort something, keeping the band's name real!). I guess you get accustomed to it, but never really used to it. All those people know you (again, they think they do) and you don't and don't really give ashit either...I know I'll have a hard time, and also a lot of fun with that when I'll be a star. That's why Tupperfan will become my celebrity avatar and I'll build a false image around that guy that will allow the real me to stay in the shadows...A little like Bruce Wayne actually became a false-image for what was supposed to be Wayne's original avatar: Batman (Great movie by the way). Am I joking? Not completely...

Time to go work on my celebrity status and my star alter-ego...

1 Comments:

At 2:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous rants...

Pfff i dit ça juste parce qu'yé jaloux.

Lui il aimerait bien ça que c'est bonhomme lego lui parle car il pense les connaitre mais en réalité ces juste des morceaux de pétrole transformer génétiquement.

Signé Anonyme.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home