Thursday, September 07, 2006

Montréal Underground

Here's a few pictures from the Montréal Métro taken on my way to and from my classes at Université de Montréal.



My métro station: Préfontaine, on the green line.



A classical métro escalator at Préfontaine station.



Inside a wagon.



Another take.



Linoel-Groulx station, where I switch to the Orange line.



Floor pattern. Much of the métro network was built in the late 1960's, early 1970's. The design is therefore heavily influenced by this period.



Not in the métro, but from Préfontaine park beside my station and a block away from home. I love baseball and this little park has a lot of charm with majestic trees lined up all around it.

As for school. It's been pretty good until now. The professors seems to be interesting as well as their classes. I'm fairly excited about going back to university and hopefully it'll be a good semester. Some of my classes have not that many students, which is nice. An intimate atmosphere to create interaction. Look forward to it!

More on that later.

Time to go take more pics of Montréal.

1 Comments:

At 7:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous rants...

always love your pics! you should make me a book!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home