Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Famous Anonymity...

Here's a private message I got on Facebook (A guilty pleasure, I used to laugh at people using those networking sites...Now I dread and like it all at once):


Subject: i recognize...
Message: your naked picture from the one on the wall at the staff accom from the voy lol

i was looking at the group banff bitches and had to tell u ur famous lol


In Banff, I had the idea to create a wall of fame. We would take a picture of the leaving ones and add it to the wall. That's what it looked like about a week before I left:



Well, I know I'm puttiing on some people's nerves with those unclothed pics, but I love it so here's mine again (if you're observant, or reading this parethesis, you'll notice it's the last one on the wall on the previous pic):



Apparently, not only the pics are still on the wall, but people kept the tradition and are still doing so, now printing huge pics on a computer, which covered most walls in the living room quite quickly, as there's a huge staff rotation in Banff hotels.

Well, it's nice to know I'm a celebrity for the right reasons! The legacy survives!

I got a wekend night job in a grocery to make a little more money before going back to the bush, as I lost my most lucrative housekeeping contract about a month and a half ago and times have been hard since then. Funny how easy it is to find such a job. It's boring, it's sucks, but it's reliable and relatively lucrative for what it is (11 bucks an hour...). Every time, I get those night clerk jobs as a temporary thing and the day I quit, I'm sure I'm done with that kind of work. And here it comes again!

Well, only a month and a half, then I will never have to do this again.

I've watched two interesting movies in the last two days. The Departed, and Factotum. Both movies left me with a strange taste in mouth, but I enjoyed both.

If I'm glad Martin Scorsese finally won an Academy Award, I think he should have won for something else, years ago. The Departed is a good movie, but not a great movie, not even the greatest movie of 2006 nor Scorsese's best movie. If one thing, I just really want to see the original Hong Kong version, Internal Affairs.

As for Factotum, I liked it, despite my brother constant comparisons with Charles Bukowski's real personality (The movie is inspired by his eponymous novel, and the main protagonist is his usual alter-ego, Hank Chinaski), but there was something missing in the character's portrayal. I don't think it came from Dillon, most likely from the direction or screen adaptation. There was some vulnerability missing, a slight, but relatively disturbing thing. Interestingly, the story felt like it was stuck between to different time settings, our present and Bukowski's original novel present.

Time to go mock a bird, wish me luck...

6 Comments:

At 12:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous rants...

Big fan of the naked Tup pictures. Keep posin'!

Fellow Trek Fan

 
At 8:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous rants...

i must say, i have never been recognized on facebook for nude pics. congrats ;)

and i totally know what you mean about dreading and liking facebook. ah!

 
At 3:49 AM, Blogger Tupperfan rants...

Hey fellow Trek fan, is it Lemmiwinks or CnathanW? Or maybe someone else?

Thanks Charlotte! I know it's a big achievement!

 
At 10:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous rants...

Someone else. It's "GoodDogPorthos". I don't post on TrekWeb very often (permanent lurker though). But that's where I discovered your blog.

Cheers!

 
At 5:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous rants...

Oh my! The first comment wasn't me..but...oh my! Googled "cnathanw" just for fun and landed on this page because of your post! LOL. Post my name on all your naked pic pages...LOL! See you at trekweb :O) You are SUCH a show off...gotta love ya

 
At 1:03 PM, Anonymous Steve Cramsie rants...

Cnathanw, this is "cdydatzigs" on TrekWeb.. a few years ago you asked me about my last name and got it right? Do you know me? lol

eriebeachboy@aol.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home