Tuesday, February 05, 2008

The American Primaries: As The World Sees Them.

A week or so ago, someone asked a German friend how Europe was seeing the race to the primary elections in the United States. My newspaper, Montréal's La Presse which is AWESOME (Hey, I'm preachin' a little, but I've been a paperboy for it when I was a teenager, it did win many international prizes and it's heavy as a motherfucker!), allotted the five first pages of its Saturday Edition to the American primaries (And the next two to Kenya's soon-to-be genocide. I'd personally switch them around, but hey, Africa's way too far off the radar!)

Here's a few (american) pie charts I've done (a pain in the ass, as I was sick and slightly drunk when I did this chart, using the highly-advanced MSPaint), faithfully copying La Presse's charts(I couldn't find them online). It shows the media space occupied by both parties and their respective candidates on every continent.

(click for larger)


Of course, there's plenty of room for interpretation, but I think some of you might appreciate this.

By the way, on any given continent, the primaries' share of all the published or broadcasted news never reached 2.20% (it's still substential)...Europe and Latin America are leading the way in coverage (Roughly, Democrats take 1.30% in both places, Republicans a little over 0.80%).

But seriously, this was not what I was supposed to do with a sickness/drunkness buzz!

Time to go rest my painful whole.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 1:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous rants...

I love the world. ;)

--Jer

 

Post a Comment

<< Home