Monday, December 08, 2008

All This Has Happened Before, and This Will Happen Again

So, I went voting today...again!

This time it was a provincial election. Despite an uneventful campaign with uninteresting candidates, I was looking forward, as always, to go cast my vote. As I went out of the third age residence where I had to vote, I couldn't refrain a proud smile. No matter the lack of excitement for an election, there's always a huge feeling of achievement that comes with voting.

And no it's not lame, despite its flaws and sometimes being disappointing, democracy, remains the greatest system that was ever applied. And for once, a simple pencil mark on a piece of paper, what you have to say, will be read.

Piece them together, it makes for a great story.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home