Friday, September 19, 2008

Politicunts: Canadian Elections, Part III

This video, titled Culture en Péril (Culture in Danger) was created by a few Québec artists and posted on YouTube to denounce the cuts in cultural funding by the Conservative governement, led by Stephen Harper.

When Beau Dommage's Michel Rivard visits a newly formed governmental committee overseeing cultural financing, language gaps and cultural misunderstandings abounds, mostly when Rivard plays his classical song, "La Complainte du Phoque en Alaska" (The Complaint of the Seal in Alaska)...

I think its relevant for Anglo-Canadian and US audiences as well. I added english subtitles to facilitate the understanding of this sketch. Hope it remains faithful and funny!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 4:14 PM, Blogger Frédéric Dénommé rants...

Excellent work on the translation. I had done one myself as I was preparing a post to MetaFilter and then I found your version so I used it for the main link. My own translation was too litteral. Thank you and congratulations - especially on adapting all the word puns!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home